JOIN SCOUTING NIGHTS 2019! September 10 and October 8
Please come to a Pack Meeting or e-mail VAPack855@gmail.com
The Pack Meetings are usually on the 2nd Tuesday of each Month: Sept Thru May, except when there is a FCPS School Holiday Conflict or the Pack is having a special event in lieu of a Pack Meeting.
Pack Meetings are Held at:
FOR NEW CUB SCOUT FAMILIES
If you are new to Scouting, you can register for our pack through beascout.org.
How to Join Cub Scouts
- Come to a Pack 855 meeting or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay dues for the year ($100 for Cub Scouts, $75 for Lions)*
- Purchase a uniform for your son (Scout Shop in Springfield or Robcyn’s in Alexandria have everything you need)
- Keep your eyes out for an email from Scoutbook
- HAVE FUN
FOR RETURNING SCOUT FAMILIES
- Come to the Pack meeting
- Pay dues for the year ($100)
- Purchase the new rank hat/hankerchief/slide for your son
- Visit Scoutbook (you should have received an email) to update your son’s information weekly
- HAVE FUN
For questions, please contact
*Checks can be made out to “Cub Scout Pack 855” or you can pay with credit card. Scholarships are available for qualifying families.
Be part of the Cub Scout legacy
Since its beginning, the Cub Scout program has been a fun and educational experience concerned with values. Besides providing a positive place where boys can enjoy safe, wholesome activities, Cub Scouting focuses on building character, improving physical fitness, teaching practical skills, and developing a spirit of community service.
As a parent, you want your son to grow up to be a person of worth; a self-reliant, dependable and caring individual. Scouting has these goals in mind for him. Since 1910 we have been weaving lifetime values into fun and educational activities designed to assist parents in strengthening character, good citizenship, and physical fitness in youth Scouting is family values… At the same time Cub Scout age boys do not join Scouting just to get their character built. Boys join because it is FUN!
For every 100 boys who join Scouting..
- 1 will use his Scout skills to save a life
- 1 will use his scout skills to save his own live
- 17 will become Scouting volunteers
- 2 will become Eagle Scouts
- 18 will develop hobbies that will last them through their adult life
- 1 will enter the clergy
- 12 will have their first contact with a church
Scouting’s alumni record is equally impressive. A recent nation-wide survey of high schools revealed the following information:
- 85% of student council presidents were Scouts
- 89% of senior class presidents were Scouts
- 80% of junior class presidents were Scouts
- 75% of school publication editors were Scouts
- 71% of football captains were Scouts
Scouts also account for:
- 64% of Air Force Academy graduates
- 68% of West Point graduates
- 70% of Annapolis graduates
- 72% of Rhodes Scholars
- 85% of F.B.I. agents
- 26 of the first 29 astronauts